the6ress poetry competition
For the first time, we’re opening submissions for this issue as a competition. We’re looking for poems up to 40 lines on the theme of Invitation to Love, inspired by the dramatic soap opera show-within-a-show featured on David Lynch’s and Mark Frost’s ‘Twin Peaks’.
Your poems can be wild at heart and weird on top, describe a dangerous desire for donuts, dedicated to the beautiful girl across the hall, a celebration of our flesh world, or a simple salute to red lips, green lawns and blue velvet.
Winner will receive £75 + a prize certificate + an invitation to read at our launch event
3 runners-up will receive £25 + a prize certificate + an invitation to read at our launch event
Shortlisted poems will be published in our 3rd zine Invitation to Love, released in print for Valentine’s Day, and a portion of sales will be donated to The David Lynch Foundation.
All shortlisted poets will be invited to the launch event, either face-to-face or via Zoom / Instagram Live.
The competition judges are Emma Dakeyne and Katharine Perry.
There is no entry fee.
Closing date: Midnight (on a moonless night) TUESDAY 30 NOVEMBER 2021
- The competition is open to poets of any nationality writing in English.
- No one may win more than one prize.
- There is no entry fee.
- Maximum submission of three poems per person.
- Poems should not exceed 40 lines.
- Work submitted should not have been previously published nor have won a prize in another competition. It must be your own work.
- Please email your poem(s) as a Word document or PDF (one per page) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not include your name or provide any other form of identification on your poem(s).
- There is no entry form. In the body of your email, please give:
i) Your full name.
ii) Your phone number (or that of a parent or carer if you are under 18).
iii) The title of your poem(s).
iv) Your social handle and a short bio (no more than 50 words). These will be published alongside your poem and credit.
v) A brief summary of how your piece fits the theme 'Invitation to Love'.
- By submitting your poem you grant us permission to include it in our printed zine and / or feature it on our website or social media accounts. The copyright of the work will remain with the individual poets.
- Entries must be received no later than midnight on 30 November 2021.
- Poem texts cannot be altered after submission.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence or discussion concerning their decision will be entered into.
We will be accepting art submissions as usual.