Ta DADA competition
Ta DADA is a collection of work craving a contemporary Dadaist resistance against absolute political chaos and corruption. Ours are brutal times; navigating a chevroned maze of war, climate change and personal struggle; where joy is desperately sought and deeply treasured.
This edition will harvest the happiness within our kicked behinds.
Send us your poetry and art inspired by manic expression, literal punchlines, the irrational and the anti-bourgeois. Declare war against war. Make us laugh.
It’s our nonsense against theirs.
We welcome entries from all ages, backgrounds and locations.
Our winner will receive £50 + an invitation to read at our launch event
1 runner-up will receive £25 + an invitation to read at our launch event
Shortlisted poems will be published in our 4th zine, Ta DADA, released in print this November, and a portion of sales will be donated to the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament – cnduk.org.
All shortlisted poets will be invited to the launch event, either face-to-face or via Zoom / Instagram Live.
The competition judges are Emma Dakeyne and Bronwen Wilson.
There is no entry fee.
Closing date: Midnight SATURDAY 6 AUGUST 2022
- The competition is open to poets of any nationality writing in English.
- No one may win more than one prize.
- There is no entry fee.
- Maximum submission of three poems per person.
- Poems should not exceed 40 lines.
- Work submitted should not have been previously published nor have won a prize in another competition. It must be your own work.
- Please email your poem(s) as a Word document or PDF (one per page) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not include your name or provide any other form of identification on your poem(s).
- There is no entry form. In the body of your email, please give:
i) Your full name.
ii) The title of your poem(s).
iii) Your favourite joke.
iv) Your social handle and a short bio (no more than 50 words). These will be published alongside your poem and credit.
v) A brief summary of how your piece fits the theme 'Ta DADA’.
- By submitting your poem you grant us permission to include it in our printed zine and / or feature it on our website or social media accounts. The copyright of the work will remain with the individual poets.
- Entries must be received no later than midnight on 6 August 2022.
- Poem texts cannot be altered after submission.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence or discussion concerning their decision will be entered into.
We will also be accepting art submissions as usual.
Submissions are open from 6 June – 6 August 2022.